Thursday, September 6, 2012

Tight and Bright

Tight and Bright!

The night where crazy outfits fill the bars and the line that guys should not pass is extremely blurry.

Night began with the boys vs. girls competition. How many people of the opposite sex each team can sign before the bus arrives for shooters.  Didn't take long but of course after only a half hour the girls had won! Unfortunately many of our encounters were not pleasant.

I guess they don't teach manners to aussie boys because the majority that i have met have been the most sleazy guys I have ever spoken too! They say one word to you and their already asking for your number, writing down theirs, or asking to buy you a drink. Now that may not seem so bad but when you have to lie about where your from in case of starting a fight you know there's something wrong.

Most people who have never been to the states do not know where CT is, naturally I say I am from NYC to avoid the, "where's that?" question. Apparently if your from Sydney that is the worst response they can hear. After only saying that twice to someone I was getting an ear full about why Sydney is so much better than NYC. I hadn't even made a comment regarding that argument and yet i was stuck listening to a guy I had only just met tell me that NYC sucks.

Not only do they hate NYC but they make smart ass comments to you "under their breath" so you look at them with a quizzical stare. Apparently it's not sarcasm, they are just scum and enjoy making semi-serious, semi-sarcastic comments to girls, as they flash their creepy stalker smiles.

Luckily the bar grew boring before the buses even arrived and I decided to head on home. Telling myself that from now on I am from CT no mater if they recognize the name or not and most definitely are going to use the buddy system when out at bars so I always have someone to grab and run away from creepers with.

No comments:

Post a Comment