Monday, July 7, 2014

6 weeks later

I haven't written since my first week in the city. Things have been crazy and honestly I down right just forgot about it. But im going to make the attempt to update it as often as possible.


Not going to recount the boring details of the last month in a long drawn out story but will simply stick to a list:

  • thought I had 2 jobs and ended up with 1
  • been getting steady work as an extra on tv shows
  • decided to leave the salon and pursue acting full time
  • had an amazing weekend in the city with my boyfriend
  • my boyfriend broke up with me over facebook, which i read on the hour long bus ride home after a shoot, crying the whole way and getting odd stares from the guy sitting next to me
  • I got more auditions which helped me cope with the pain...along with several bottles of wine
  • my two best guy friends stand me up at the train station, luckily I was smart enough not to get off without confirmation of a pick up
This past weekend was July 4th, a boring one at that but I did manage to party with friends and get burnt to a crisp. Luckily for me i'm not nearly as bad as my sister who peeled off her burnt skin leaving a very gross and infected mark on her boob. Tonight i'll be attending a call back to be a UK rapper's main girl in his music video and performing sides from law and order in a paid-for seminar with the show's casting director. Im sure nothing will come of it, but hopefully will be a positive experience. This week doesnt have anything exciting to look forward to other than a party saturday celebrating the life of my friend who almost died a year ago in a motorcycle accident. 

More details to come as the experiences unfold but one this is for sure...I am so glad to be living in NYC. As much as I miss my theatre friends, I am lucky to be able to see them on the weekends and use my CT house as a weekend home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment